SPDA is proud to host the 10th annual running of the LANARK HIGHLANDS FOREST RALLY on May 4th-5th, 2018 – Round 2 of the Ontario Performance Rally Championship (OPRC). The event is also part of the ECRC.
Headquarters for 2018 will be based at the Agricultural Hall in the village of McDonald’s Corners, Lanark County, ON.
2018 Entry fees – $700 until 5pm April 30 2018, $750 after that until 7am Saturday May 5th, 2018
- E-transfers for entry payment can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org & note which team the payment is for.
- US competitors can pay in cash at registration
Supplementary Regulations :
Competitors can register online through Motorsportreg.com
Both Drivers & Co-drivers need to register for an account through motorsportreg (if they are new to the system).
Please ensure you select on your entry whether you will be purchasing Organizer Supplied Notes or not, as well as extra tickets for the Friday night dinner (teams will get 2 tickets free with their entry)
Competitor Liaison Officer:
Nancy Haywood will be the Competitor Liaison Officer & can be contacted leading up to the event via email if there are any questions email@example.com
Information can also be found on the Lanark Highlands Forest Rally Facebook page @LHFR2018 & feel free to message us through there as well.
Friday May 4th – Event set up, registration, recce, dinner & social
Saturday May 5th – Rally day
All stages will be within the Umphersons Mill Rd/Lavant Mill Rd/Ranger Camp Rd complex. A combination of these roads plus an additional short section of new road will make up the 2018 event.
Please contact Jason Crandall via email – LHFRvolunteers@gmail.com if you can help out at the event. We will need some people on the Friday to help oversee recce & event set up, but the majority of help will be needed on Saturday. Thanks in advance!
We are very pleased to welcome back Randy Lentz Automotive , Krown Perth and Whiticar Autobody as stage sponsors for this event- both local businesses based in Perth. Jerry Dowell, owner & operator of Whiticar Autobody, has been sponsoring stages at our event for 10 years now!
New stage sponsors for 2018: AZE2 Performance, based in Quebec, and King Pow Riders. Welcome aboard.
As always, we very much appreciate the support from our sponsors. Thank you
This year we are running a number of initiatives to enable us to give back to the local community.
The Lanark Highlands Food Pantry and the Lanark Highlands Youth Group, both based in the Village of Lanark, benefit from our event. We value the contributions that competitors and workers have made in years past with their financial donations and non-perishable food items, and would ask that you think of them again this year.
- The Lanark Highlands Youth Group will be hosting a cash barbecue at Rally HQ, as well as making lunches for workers out on the stage roads all day.
- We ask that teams bring in non-perishable food items that we can donate to the Lanark Highlands Food Pantry – these will be collected at registration/HQ.
- Proceeds from the Saturday morning breakfast available for workers & competitors at the Snowmobile Club will go to the community in some form.
- The Friday night dinner will help support the McDonald’s Corners Agricultural Hall
Saturday May 5th
- Spectators will be able to see the cars & meet the competitors at Parc Expose 8:30-9am at the Snow Road Snowmobile Club, 1106 Gemmils Road. Breakfast will also be available for purchase at the club.
- Competitors & vehicles will then be arriving back to Headquarters approximatley 1130am-1230pm for a 30 minute service. Headquarters is located at the McDonalds Corners Agricultural Hall.
- Spectators will be able to see cars on stage from approximately 12noon onward – from the official spectator location for this event. Located at the Lavant Mill Rd – Gemmil Rd intersection, the teams will race past this intersection 5 times in the afternoon. Access to this location is only available via Lavant Mill Rd, from the south end (Hwy 12). Spectators at this area will be asked to sign a waiver & must obey all signs, taping & the instructions of marshals located there. The marshals are experienced rally volunteers & are there for your safety.